***Important Policy Information***
Cruise Restart Policies as of April 16, 2021
Viking® has announced that it will restart limited operations in May 2021 with three special sailings along the coast of England. Available exclusively for UK residents, the new eight-day ocean itinerary — England’s Scenic Shores — will sail roundtrip from Portsmouth, with departures on May 22, May 29 and June 5, 2021. Guests on the England’s Scenic Shores itinerary will be among the first to sail on board Viking’s newest ocean ship, Viking Venus®, which will be delivered in April. Pre-registration for England’s Scenic Shores is currently open only to Viking’s loyal past guests; more details about the voyages will be released—and reservations will be available to all UK residents — in due course.
Will I need to be vaccinated?
All guests must have received the required dose(s) of an FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the date of embarkation. Guests are advised that Viking does not procure or administer vaccines. Obtaining the vaccine and required proof of inoculation satisfactory to Viking is the sole responsibility of the guest. A copy of the vaccine confirmation/record card must be received by Viking, no later than 14 days prior to the scheduled sailing date. Guests must also be prepared to show proof of vaccination at embarkation and to appropriate authorities as required during travel. Any guest who fails to comply with the vaccination and documentation requirements will be denied boarding without refund, credit, or compensation. Guests who have already booked a reservation prior to the adoption of this policy and who object to being vaccinated are encouraged to contact their PERX Vacation Consultant to discuss refund or future cruise credit options.
Will I need to wear a mask onboard?
Similar to many local guidelines currently in place, physical distancing measures are in place in public areas on board, and face masks may be required for all guests and crew while moving about Viking ships, depending on conditions at time of sailing. Face masks will not be required for guests when seated in dining venues, bars and lounges.
Before you book - Flexible Booking Policy
Viking understands that some of their guests might be hesitant about making a cruise reservation or traveling at this time.
That is why Viking is offering a limited-time offer so that you can plan your voyage with peace of mind. The Risk-Free Guarantee allows guests to change their cruise date up until 14 days before their planned departure — and Viking will waive any fees. This offer covers all Viking reservations that are made between March 1, 2021 and April 30, 2021.
Risk-Free Guarantee: How it Works
- To be covered by this guarantee, you must make a reservation between March 1, 2021 and April 30, 2021.
- This guarantee is combinable with all other Viking offers available.
- When you are covered by the Risk-Free Guarantee you may change your cruise reservation with notification to Viking. Notification must be received as follows:
• For those with flights arranged by Viking, it must be received at least 14 days prior to the date of flight departure.
• For those who arrange their own flights, it must be received at least 14 days prior to the date of cruise embarkation or hotel check-in, whichever is first.
- Should you wish to change your reservation, you can choose which policy works best for you: Viking’s Risk-Free Guarantee or standard cancellation policy.
• Reservation changes under the Risk-Free Guarantee will be reimbursed in the form of a Risk-Free Guarantee Future Cruise Voucher in the amount of 100% of all monies paid to Viking.
- Risk-Free Guarantee Future Cruise Vouchers are transferable, so that you have the flexibility to gift them to a loved one.
- Guests will have 24 months to select their new date and use their Risk-Free Guarantee Future Cruise Voucher to make a new reservation on any river, ocean or expedition cruise.
The Viking Difference
- A Fleet of Award-Winning Small Ships
- Veranda Staterooms and Suites
- Viking Inclusive Value
- The Thinking Person’s Cruise
- No Children, No Casinos, No Nickel and Diming
- Risk-Free Guarantee – The Most Flexible Way to Plan a Voyage!
At Viking, your experience means the world to them. They hope that the flexibility provided by this guarantee truly puts your mind at ease when it comes to the decision of whether or not to travel. They look forward to exploring the world with you, whenever and wherever you choose to sail with them.
Viking was the first cruise line to suspend operations at the beginning of the pandemic, and all other previously scheduled Viking sailings through May 31, 2021 remain cancelled.
Health and Safety Protocols
BOOKING AND PRIOR TO TRAVEL
Pre-Travel Health Survey. Before any guest can join a cruise/cruisetour, the guest must complete a specific Health Survey. All guests who are booked but not yet departed will receive an email from Viking seven days before the scheduled date of departure to a health survey that must be completed no later than 5 days prior to departure. Detailed information relating to pre-embarkation COVID-19 testing procedures and temperature checks during the embarkation process will also be provided.
- Secondary Screening. If a guest provides information that may put them at risk of being denied boarding, the guest shall receive a telephone call for a secondary screening. If the guest is deemed to be at risk of having COVID-19, the guest shall be offered to re-book the cruise to a later date free of charge or cancel in line with current policy.
- If, at any time between submitting the pre-cruise Health Survey and the date of travel, a guest either tests positive for COVID-19, or is exposed to someone who is or is suspected of having COVID-19, or if any information in the general medical questionnaire needs to be updated, the guest must contact Viking at Vikand@vikingcruises.com as soon as feasible to convey this information
Vaccinations. All guests must have received the required dose(s) of an FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the date of embarkation. Guests are advised that Viking does not procure or administer vaccines. Obtaining the vaccine and required proof of inoculation satisfactory to Viking is the sole responsibility of the guest. A copy of the vaccine confirmation/record card must be received by Viking, no later than 14 days prior to the scheduled sailing date. Guests must also be prepared to show proof of vaccination at embarkation and to appropriate authorities as required during travel. Any guest who fails to comply with the vaccination and documentation requirements will be denied boarding without refund, credit, or compensation. Guests who have already booked a reservation prior to the adoption of this policy and who object to being vaccinated are encouraged to contact their PERX Vacation Consultant to discuss refund or future cruise credit options.
Airport and Travel to Embarkation Port. All public health processes must be followed—frequent hand sanitation, wearing of face masks, and appropriate social distancing where feasible. Transportation from the airport will be completed in reduced group sizes, with the frequently of transfers from airports more frequently to accommodate the smaller group sizes. The wearing of face masks and frequent use of hand sanitizers will be required during transportation from the airport
Embarkation Procedure. All guests will need to undergo the following steps to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 prior to beginning their cruise:
- Receive a negative Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test for COVID-19 on the day of embarkation.
- Pass a temperature check (meaning a temperature reading of less than 100.4°F/38.0°C).
- Answer questions related to COVID-19 symptoms or possible exposure and general health information.
- Accept and agree to wear/allow contact-tracing technology during your cruise.
- Complete any required check-in procedures.
The health screening procedures will vary depending on whether the cruise is on Viking’s Ocean-cruising vessels or Vikings River-cruising vessels. The details of the COVID-19 boarding procedures will be provided to guests in an email sent before the scheduled embarkation date and/or in myvikingjourney.
- Screening on Board. During the initial stage of returning to cruising, guests will be screened for COVID-19 infection by PCR testing, periodically, at the discretion of Viking. Guests will be required to provide a saliva sample in a sample tube and leave it at a designated place for pick-up by Viking staff. Guests will also be required to undergo daily temperature checks, and temperatures will be measured continuously onboard through a system of cameras equipped with infrared thermal sensors. These thermal cameras have face recognition capabilities and will measure the temperature of any individual approaching the reception desk or walking into all onboard corridors.
- Public Health Practices. Guests are expected to follow existing public health measures such as hand hygiene, face mask wearing, and social distancing.
- Contact Tracing. Guests will be assigned a small device at embarkation that must be worn throughout the cruise. This device will provide contact tracing for all guests on and off the ship. Data will be stored by guest ID number and will only be accessed if there is a suspected or confirmed COVID case.
- Reporting Symptoms. Guests will be required to report any symptom that could be related to COVID-19 to guest services as soon as possible. Guests showing and or reporting symptoms will be assessed by a medical professional, either on board or via a tele-medicine connection.
During the initial return to sailing, guests will only be allowed to participate in excursions or activities executed and escorted by Viking-approved tour operators who maintain Viking’s level of COVID-19 controls to help limit potential exposure. Throughout the duration of the shore excursion, guests will be asked to remain with their cruise companions. There may be additional restrictions during shore excursions depending on local conditions. Noncompliance by guest or members of guest’s traveling party with COVID-19 Policies and Procedures shall be grounds for refusal to re-board after going ashore.
PRE- AND POST-CRUISE EXPERIENCES
Viking will, where feasible, offer pre- and post-cruise experiences. Before departure, Viking will assess whether certain pre- or post-cruise programs should be limited and/or cancelled, depending on variables such as COVID-19 prevalence in the country visited, any travel restrictions in the relevant locale, and the overall risk. If Viking cancels a pre- or post- cruise experience, a refund of monies paid will be available. All programs will be modified to allow for social distancing, the avoidance of mass gathering events, and generally to reduce overall COVID-19 risks. Guests will be required to comply with local regulations when participating in any pre- and post-cruise experiences.
All guests will be required to check-out and disembark by the scheduled time. While disembarkation procedures will differ depending on flight times and whether a post-cruise excursion has been planned, all guests must abide by COVID-19 Policies and Procedures (e.g., mask-wearing, social distancing) during these procedures. Should your airline require a COVID test for your return flight, Viking will provide you with final COVID certificate prior to your disembarkation.
Any documents containing medical information provided by guests during any screening or testing for COVID-19 may be retained by Viking and, unless otherwise ordered by legal authorities, will be deleted or destroyed after one year has passed since the date of disembarkation.
ACCEPTANCE OF RISKS
While Viking has implemented protocols based on advice from medical experts and health authorities, during travel to or from the vessel, in boarding areas, while on board the ship and during activities ashore, guests may be exposed to COVID-19. This risk of exposure to COVID-19 is inherent in most activities where people interact or share common facilities, is beyond Viking’s control, and cannot be eliminated under any circumstances. Every guest accepts this risk when accepting their Passenger Ticket Contract, as stated in the Acknowledgment And Acceptance of Health Risks, including COVID-19.
CONSEQUENCES OF NONCOMPLIANCE WITH COVID-19 POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Any non-compliance by guest or members of guest’s traveling party with COVID-19 Policies and Procedures shall be grounds for refusal to embark, re-board after going ashore, or other steps deemed necessary in Viking’s sole discretion to protect the health and well-being of others. If a guest is denied boarding or disembarked due to failure to comply with COVID-19 Policies and Procedures, they will not be entitled to a refund, credit, or compensation of any kind. Guests will be responsible for all costs and fines, including without limitation travel expenses, lodging and medical expenses and for proper travel documentation for any port, or for departures from or arrival to the U.S.