***Important Policy Information***
Cruise Restart Policies as of June 9, 2021
MSC Grandiosa is currently sailing out of Italy (on a limited basis as outlined below).
MSC Virtuosa began sailing May 20th out of Southampton (for UK residents only).
For MSC Grandiosa and MSC Seaside sailings in the upcoming months, MSC will initially only welcome guests who are residents in the 26 European ‘Schengen’ countries (Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland) and also Bulgaria, Romania and Croatia.
For MSC Virtuosa sailings, all voyages will welcome British families and guests of all ages – including those who are waiting for their vaccinations against COVID-19 as well as those who have received the vaccine.
MSC Meraviglia will kick off MSC Cruises' restart with cruises beginning August 2, 2021, with 3- and 4-night cruises from Miami to The Bahamas featuring our exclusive private island, Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve.
On September 18, 2021, MSC Meraviglia will add 7-night cruises from Miami to The Bahamas and Caribbean, including Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve.
MSC Divina will resume cruising from Orlando (Port Canaveral) on September 16, 2021, offering 3-, 4-, and 7-night cruises to The Bahamas and Caribbean, also including stops at Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve.
Will I need to be vaccinated?
The accelerated rollout of vaccines worldwide is a gamechanger for the health of our guests. Following the guidance from the World Health Organization, being vaccinated does not mean that you cannot put other people at risk. Therefore, the current health and safety protocol is absolutely critical for the wellbeing of our guests, crew and the communities our ships visit. We are prepared for the hybrid situation of safely sailing with vaccinated and unvaccinated guests thanks to our stringent health & safety measures such as COVID-19 test for all guests before embarking, social distancing and wearing masks. The current measures will remain in place in the upcoming months.
We are continuously assessing developments in response to the COVID-19 and will adapt the health and safety measures as needed.
For MSC Grandiosa and MSC Seaside cruises in the upcoming months, please note that all Guests will need to take an RT-PCR or antigen swab test prior to the ship’s departure: within 96 hours for Italian residents and within 48 hours for guests entering into Italian territory from abroad*. The test results certificate must be printed in two copies and presented at the terminal in order to embark on the ship. The test is not required for passengers under 6 years old.
For MSC Virtuosa, all guests will receive an antigen test prior to embarkation, while non-vaccinated guests will also be required to show proof of negative test done within 72 hours prior to embarkation. Other pre-boarding and on-board measures will also apply to both guests and crew, in line with MSC Cruises’ health and safety protocol.
*Includes anyone who has traveled to, from, or through the Schengen countries, Romania, Bulgaria and Croatia in the past 14 days prior to the ship's departure.
Will I need to wear a mask onboard?
Currently, face masks are required when in public areas, except when seated in restaurants, bars, lounges, and when sitting on the sun deck.
Before you book - Flexible Booking Policy
Change your cruise plans as you need up to 48 hours prior to your cruise.
Valid on all cruises booked through July 31, 2021 AND departs on or before September 30, 2022
What is Total CruiseFlex?
If your booking date and cruise date matches the above information, MSC Cruises USA allows you to change your cruise up to 48 hours prior to departure by 5pm EST. You can move your money to another cruise that sails on or before Sept. 30, 2022 (any ship, any sail date).
How do I know if my cruise qualifies for Total CruiseFlex?
If your cruise booking is made through July 31, 2021 AND your cruise departure date is through September 30, 2022 then you qualify!
Excluding World Cruise & World Cruise segments.
How do I participate in Total CruiseFlex?
If you would like to change your cruise plans, you MUST call and advise them you would like to take advantage of Total CruiseFlex (you must call 48 hours prior to your cruise by 5pm EST).
If you booked directly with MSC Cruises: please call their Contact Center at 877-665-4655 and we will work with you to take the money currently placed on your original booking and apply the funds to a new cruise of your choice that sails on or before September 30, 2022 (any ship, any sail date).
If you booked through PERX: please contact your Vacation Consultant so they can work with MSC Cruises to get your cruise changes applied.
As circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic continue to evolve, we are constantly monitoring the situation, prioritizing the health and safety of our guests, crew and the communities we visit. We are pleased to share that we have made exciting progress in bringing MSC Cruises back to U.S. ports, and we have announced a series of cruises from both Miami and Port Canaveral on board MSC Meraviglia and MSC Divina beginning this summer. With these new itineraries in place, we have made the difficult decision to cancel several current voyages on board MSC Divina, MSC Meraviglia and MSC Armonia in order to resume safe and enjoyable cruises from U.S. ports as soon as possible.
The sailings that have been impacted include:
- MSC Divina cruises with departures from July 1, 2021 through to and including September 15, 2021
- MSC Meraviglia cruises with departures from July 1, 2021 through to and including September 17, 2021
- MSC Armonia cruises with departures from July 1, 2021 through to and including October 24, 2021
For guests that have already paid for their cruise in full, MSC Cruises USA will automatically provide a 100% Future Cruise Credit of the original cruise fare paid, excluding government fees and taxes. For any guests who have not yet made final payment on their cruise and are outside the final payment window, MSC will automatically provide a Future Cruise Credit for the value of their deposit.
In addition, guests will also receive onboard credit to use on their next cruise, based on the length of the original cruise.
- If the original cruise was 4 nights or less, guests will receive $100 onboard credit per stateroom to use on their next cruise.
- If the original cruise was 5 to 14 nights, guests will receive $200 onboard credit per stateroom to use on their next cruise.
Guests can use this onboard credit to enhance their cruise experience with beverage packages, shore excursions, specialty dining, Wi-Fi packages, spa treatments and much more.
Guests impacted by the June 1 – June 30, 2021 canceled sailings from the U.S. will have until April 30, 2022 to make a new booking with their Future Cruise Credit and will be able to use it on any future sailing – including any ship and any itinerary – that is open for sale at time of booking.
Health and Safety Protocols
ENSURING A SAFE, HEALTHY AND ENJOYABLE CRUISE
The enhanced health and safety measures are designed to ensure that MSC Cruises preserves the vacation experience from the moment you book your cruise to when you return home. MSC Cruises is continuously assessing developments in response to the COVID-19 situation and will adapt the health and safety measures as needed. Updates will be posted here as we receive them, and on MSC Cruises websites.
BEFORE THE CRUISE
ONLINE SERVICES AND INFORMATION
- The booking process will be updated with additional information and new terms and conditions. Collection of all guests contact details will become mandatory for important updates in case of emergency
- Effortless web check-in will allow guests to receive cruise tickets, travel documentation and mandatory health questionnaires
- Booking onboard packages prior to the cruise will be highly encouraged to avoid lines and secure space
- Health screening for all guests, including a mandatory health questionnaire (sent in the cruise ticket) and a contactless temperature check
- Newly designed processes for embarkation with assigned arrival times at the port to minimize contact and enable responsible social distancing and enhanced sanitation measures that follow the same high standards as on board
- Boarding will be denied to any guest showing signs of illness such as fever (>37.5°C/99.5°F) or flu-like symptoms, including chills, cough, shortness of breath, muscle/body aches, fatigue, headache, sore throat and loss of taste/smell or in case of potential exposure to a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19, in the 14 days prior to embarkation
ELEVATED STANDARDS OF SANITATION AND CLEANLINESS
- New sanitation methods including electrostatic sprayers to kill bacteria and viruses and use of hospital-grade disinfectant products
- Increased frequency of cleaning throughout the whole ship by well-trained housekeeping staff with a focus on high-traffic and frequently touched areas; public spaces sprayed with disinfectant each night
- Staterooms cleaned daily with careful attention to regularly touched surfaces and additional deep cleaning at the end of the cruise
- 100% external fresh air supplied to all staterooms and public areas, and no re-circulation of air between staterooms or within the ship
ENHANCED MEDICAL SERVICES WITH HIGHLY QUALIFIED STAFF
- Daily contactless temperature check for all guests during the cruise
- In case of flu-like symptoms, guests should immediately notify the Medical Center and free treatment will be provided
- Increased number of qualified medical staff onboard, supported by dedicated ashore Medical Team all trained to deal with COVID-19 with a response plan in place with local authorities
- Fully equipped Medical Center, including COVID-19 testing equipment and ventilators
- Dedicated isolation procedures for suspected cases and dedicated isolation zones with separate air supply
WELL-TRAINED, WELL-EQUIPPED AND HEALTHY CREW
- Extensive health screening and medical checks including COVID-19 testing prior to embarking in addition to daily health monitoring and temperature checks
- All crew will wear protective equipment, such as face masks and gloves
- Specific ongoing training for all crew on the new enhanced protocol
THE ONBOARD EXPERIENCE
MSC Cruises will preserve the uniqueness of the onboard experience while ensuring that the health and safety of guests and crew are protected. MSC Cruises will organize activities to ensure that guests can practice responsible social distancing. Whenever social distancing cannot be met, in public places such as in the elevators and the theater or when moving around the ship, guests will be asked to wear a face mask. Guests will continue to enjoy unique experiences, including award-winning shows, world-class dining, excursions, family activities, boutique shopping, beauty and fitness services, engaging events and much more.
RESTAURANT, BARS & LOUNGES
Service will be adapted to respect social distancing: all meals and drinks will be served to guests at their table. At the buffet restaurant, self-service will be temporarily unavailable and the food will be plated and served to guests. For a contactless experience, guests will access restaurant and bar menus from their personal mobile device by scanning a QR code. To minimize risks, MSC Cruises has adapted the processes for ordering, preparing, delivering, consuming and paying for food and beverage services.
It is recommended that guests go ashore with an MSC Cruises Shore Excursion, as they will follow the same high standards of health and safety as on board.
ENTERTAINMENT AND ACTIVITIES
Newly designed activities with smaller group sizes will be introduced with themed events, fun games, kids and family activities, talent shows, fitness, dance and more. Theater shows, activities and Kids Club will be available by reservation at no extra charge. Guests can browse the onboard program digitally using MSC for Me* technologies and book their favorite activities by phone or in person at dedicated desks. As the capacity of the theater will be reduced to ensure social distancing, the entertainment schedule will be extended so all our guests can still enjoy a great variety of award-winning shows.
OUTDOOR AREAS AND POOLS
All open decks will be accessible and pools, whirlpool baths and the aquapark will be available with a reduced occupancy to ensure social distancing. Sunbeds will be separated to respect social distancing and sanitized after every use, with a deeper sanitation nightly.
GUEST SERVICES AND CUTTING-EDGE TECHNOLOGIES
A new onboard Information Center will be available by phone and remote desks will be set up on embarkation day to manage in-person questions in order to avoid lines. Guests should always call before going to any desk for information. In addition, guests will be encouraged to use digital services, such as MSC for Me*, to find information. Cashless payments will be highly recommended.