TEMPORARY INTERLINE POLICY UPDATE: AUGUST 2020
Temporary Update Overview: Benefits granted to those with primary eligibility will be temporarily
extended to those clients with secondary eligibility, valid through March 31, 2021
Airline Employee: To be an Eligible Airline Employee a person must be:
- A current employee with flight benefits of either a domestic or international commercial passenger airline.
- A current employee of Federal Express (FEDEX), Astar Air Cargo (formerly DHL Airways), Airborne Express or United Parcel Service (UPS).
- Spouse or Domestic Partner of currently employed Airline Employee.
- Parents of currently employed Airline Employee.
- Air Traffic Controllers (NATCA & CATCA) & GDS Employees ((CRS) employees of Sabre, Worldspan, Galileo/Apollo, or Amadeus).
- Retired (or furloughed through 3/31/21) employee from a domestic or international commercial passenger, airline, cargo carrier, Air Traffic Controllers or GDS Employees.
The Cruise Lines from time to time may: (a) limit the availability of interline rates to employees of airlines who offer reciprocal pricing offers to employees of the Cruise Lines; or (b) offer two-tiers of Interline Rates, one for employees of airlines who offer such reciprocity and a second tier for employees of airlines that do not offer reciprocity.
As long as one guest in the stateroom is described as eligible, the following would apply:
- All other guests in the same stateroom would be eligible for the interline rate
- (One) additional stateroom may be booked with guests in that stateroom being eligible for the interline rate
- A (second) additional stateroom may be booked with guests being eligible for the interline rate only if one of the two additional staterooms is occupied by dependent children of the eligible guest.
- Maximum of three (3) staterooms can be booked per eligible guest, per sailing date only as described in #3 immediately above.
Any person who satisfies any of the listed above shall be deemed an Eligible Airline Employee provided that person can substantiate his or her employment by providing the acceptable forms of proof described in the identification section below.
Examples of eligibility:
Eligible guest in stateroom 1 + another stateroom with anybody in it = 2 staterooms
Eligible guest in stateroom 1 + dependent children in 2nd stateroom + another stateroom with anybody in it = 3staterooms
Active employees/an eligible guest as described above must provide proof of eligibility in the form of a photo of their current I.D. Badge from their respective airline. This is the only form of accepted identification needed for the Airline Employee.
Retired (or furloughed) pilot or employees as described above must provide proof of eligibility in the form of a photo of their retiree I.D. Badge or letter from former employer specifying their retirement status.
Spouses, Domestic Partners and Parents must provide proof of eligibility in the form of a photo of the Active Employee’s I.D. Badge on whom their eligibility is derived, and/or proof of eligibility for flight benefits from the employee’s benefits portal.
Failure to produce authentic identification may result in the cruise fare reverting to full retail tariff at time of check in or boarding may be denied.