Royal Caribbean International
***BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE***
Royal Caribbean International Embarkation Changes and Sailing Date Change Policy
Updated March 9, 2021 - At Royal Caribbean International, guests and crew's safety and well-being are always top priorities. In order to allow additional time for their return to service preparations, they have decided to extend the suspension of sailings for their global fleet through May 31st, 2021 – excluding sailings onboard Quantum, Spectrum, Voyager, and Odyssey of the Seas. The plan is to resume further operation in June; however, the following circumstances have extended the suspension for the following ships and sailings:
- Quantum of the Seas Alaska sailings departing April 5 to October 14, 2021: In order to allow additional time for preparation, Quantum of the Seas will remain in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Odyssey of the Seas May 9 to October 28, 2021 sailings departing from Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy. Instead, Odyssey will begin her inaugural season out of a new homeport, Haifa, Israel from June to October 2021. These new sailings are available for residents of Israel only.
Royal Caribbean International are now offering more options.
Below are some options for you, including one that has been very well received by guests, as it provides a little something extra to use when we all start cruising again!
Future Cruise Credit (Higher Value)
As a result of this change, RCI is providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to come back and sail with them by September 30th, 2022. Please re-book using your FCC by April 30, 2022. They will automatically issue you your Future Cruise Credit (FCC) via email, so there’s nothing for you to do!
- Please know, taxes & fees and any RoyalUp upgrades will be automatically refunded. You can expect to see these in 45 days.
- If you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing, you’ll receive a new Future Cruise Certificate for 125% of your total cruise fare value paid, including the value of your original certificate.
Lift and Shift
If you prefer to move your existing booking to a sailing next year – they're happy to move you! They will price protect the original pricing and/or promotion on the same itinerary, embarkation port, length, product, and stateroom category as your original sailing within 2 weeks (before or after) of the original sail date in 2021. For example, if you are moving from a May 1st, 2021 sailing, you can move to a sailing that is the same itinerary, embarkation port, length, product, and stateroom category, and the sail date between April 17th, 2022 – May 15th, 2022
- If your sailing was cancelled on:
- March 1st, 2021, please contact your PERX Travel Consultant by March 18th, 2021 to move to a new sailing. And remember, since you were booked on an inaugural Odyssey of the Seas sailing, you can Lift and Shift to any sailing with a similar sailing length (+1/-1 day) in 2022 to a like for like category on any open sailing! RCI will price protect your original cruise or refund any price difference.
- March 9th, 2021, please contact your PERX Travel Consultant by March 23rd, 2021 to move to a new sailing.
- If we don’t hear from you, we will automatically issue your Future Cruise Credit.
- Only available for sailings cancelled as part of the global suspension on May 20th, 2020 or after.
- Only sailings departing on or before April 30, 2022 can be rebooked as part of the Lift & Shift offer. Sailings departing after April 30, 2022 are unavailable as options through this offer, regardless of the original sail date (unless otherwise specified).
Full Refund (Lower Value)
If you prefer the lower value in a full refund instead of the 125% Future Cruise Credit, they're happy to process this for you.
- They’ll then deactivate your Future Cruise Credit and process your refund to your original form(s) of payment, which will include any non-refundable deposits.
- You can expect to receive your refund 45 days after you submit your request.
- Please note: If you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, they'll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and reinstate your original Cruise with Confidence certificate.
For more information call your PERX vacation consultant at 1-888-737-9266.