Carnival Cruise Line
***BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE***
Carnival Cruise Line Embarkation Changes and Sailing Date Change Policy
Updated April 1, 2020 - Please note that this information is updated regularly and adapts as the situation evolves.
Carnival Cruise Line is extending the temporary pause in service, effective with sailings departing Saturday, March 14 now through May 11, 2020 across its fleet of North America based ships. They will resume service on May 12, 2020
As well, the following cancellations are effective April 1, 2020:
•All Alaska sailings through and including June 30, 2020;
•All San Francisco sailings through 2020;
•All Carnival Radiance sailings through and including November 1, 2020;
•All Carnival Legend sailings through and including October 30, 2020.
Their measures are designed to be flexible to adapt to changing conditions and recommended best practices.
Public health authorities believe older travelers with severe, chronic medical conditions are more susceptible to contracting coronavirus. Your clients' health and well-being remain our highest priority. Effective immediately, we are proactively implementing guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) regarding cruise ship travel.
The following individuals will temporarily not be allowed to sail:
• Guests who have been hospitalized in the last two months for, or have a history of, severe or chronic medical conditions.
• Per CDC, chronic conditions are defined as an illness persisting for a long time or constantly recurring, such as diabetes, heart, kidney or lung disease, suppressed immunity (i.e., active cancer, taking steroids) or require oxygen for any reason.
•Guests who are 70 years and older, will be required to present a doctor's "fit to sail' letter at check-in, confirming they do not meet any of the health/medical criteria.
•If your clients are unable to present this letter, they will not be allowed to cruise.
•Guests who have been to or traveled through China, Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea, Italy, Iran, Japan, Singapore in the last 20 days prior to embarkation.
•Guests who have been in contact with another person diagnosed with or tested for COVID-19.
Any of your clients who meet any of the above criteria must cancel their reservation and may select one of the following options:
•Receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit (FCC). In addition, your clients will also receive a future onboard credit - US$300 per stateroom if they were scheduled to sail on a cruise of 5 days or less; US$600 per stateroom if they were scheduled to sail on a cruise of 6 days or longer - when they rebook their future cruise.
•Receive a cash refund, to be processed to the original form of payment within 90 days.
Any accompanying family or friends in separate staterooms who also wish to cancel will receive a 100% future cruise credit.
Pre-purchased shore excursions, beverage and Wi-Fi packages, and Fun Shop purchases will be automatically refunded. If your clients select a refund, please note it will be processed in approximately 90 days. Carnival continues to implement increased monitoring, screening and sanitation protocols to protect the health of all guests, crew and the residents of the destinations they serve. Their measures are designed to be flexible to adapt to changing conditions and recommended best practices.
You have questions about your upcoming cruise these policy updates provide options and flexibility should you want to reschedule your cruise currently booked, departing between now and May 31, 2020. As well, there are incentives to proceed with plans:
Guests who choose to keep their booking as currently scheduled for departures between March 6 and May 31 will receive the following Onboard Credit:
- $100 per cabin for 3 and 4 day cruises
- $150 per cabin for 5 day cruises
- $200 per cabin for 6 day and longer cruises
If you choose to continue to sail with Carnival, they will automatically apply the onboard credit to your sail and sign. There is no need to call us.
- For guests booked on the Carnival Radiance European itineraries, Carnival is finalizing some itinerary changes and a special offer will be shared in the next few days.
- For guests who booked prior to March 6, 2020, if you decide to change your vacation plans, Carnival will allow those booked on sailings between now and May 31 to move your booking to a new date and receive a Future Cruise Credit (FCC**) in the amount of the non-refundable cancellation fee.
- Guests booked on sailings departing between March 9 and March 31, you may move your booking to a future date up to 3 days before sailing. If the cruise departs between March 6 and March 8, call your Dargal vacation planner at any time to take advantage of this offer. The FCC must be used for a sailing by March 31, 2021.
- Guests booked on sailings departing between April 1 and May 31, you may move your booking to a future date by March 31.
**The FCC must be used for a sailing by March 31, 2021.
All sailing June 1st and beyond continue to follow the standard cancellation policies.
Call your PERX travel consultant for additional information - 1-888-737-9266