Carnival Cruise Line
***BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE***
Carnival Cruise Line Embarkation Changes and Sailing Date Change Policy
Updated May 6, 2020 - The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued an extended “no-sail” order for cruise ships operating out of U.S. ports that will remain in effect through July 24, 2020. This supersedes previous suspension of operations notices.
Carnival Cruise Line is extending all cruise cancellations until July 31,2020.
The following North American cancellations are effective May 4, 2020:
- All San Francisco sailings through 2020
- All Carnival Sunrise sailings through and including October 19, 2020
- All Carnival Legend sailings through and including October 30, 2020
- All Carnival Radiance sailings through and including November 1, 2020
- All Carnival Spirit Alaska, Hawaii, & Trans-Pacific sailings through and including October 6, 2020
- Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream, Carnival Elation, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Magic, Carnival Sensation, & Carnival Vista sailings through and including July 31, 2020
- All Other Ships sailings through and including August 31, 2020
Carnival is making plans for a phase-in of service later this summer. They are taking a measured approach, ensuring they are well prepared to support all public health and regulatory requirements prior to resuming service. Starting up with limited operations will also allow them to focus their resources on implementing new operational protocols prior to a broader roll-out across the fleet as travel and commerce continue to recover.
Below is Carnival's plan for a phased approach in their return to service, focusing on certain homeports and certain ships:
- Galveston: Carnival Dream, Carnival Freedom and Carnival Vista- Resuming August 1, 2020
- Miami: Carnival Horizon, Carnival Magic and Carnival Sensation- Resuming August 1, 2020
- Port Canaveral: Carnival Breeze and Carnival Elation- Resuming August 1, 2020
- All remaining North America sailings: Resuming September 3, 2020
- Carnival Splendor Australia sailings: Resuming September 1, 2020
- All Alaska sailings for 2020: Canceled
- Carnival Spirit 9/25 sailing to Hawaii: Canceled
- Carnival Spirit 10/6 Transpacific sailing: Canceled
Guests affected will have the option of 100% refund or 100% future cruise credit + OBC (based on length of cruise) and can use on sailings through 12/31/22. The offers supersede any previous offers received.
- Carnival will honor the offer for any guests who were booked on these voyages and canceled their booking on or after March 6, 2020.
- Guests who choose to receive a FCC will get the following based on the length of their cruise:
- 5 Days or less: 100% FCC, $300 OBC per stateroom
- 6+ Days: 100% FCC, $600 OBC per stateroom
- Please note that whichever option that is selected will apply to all guests in the reservation.
- Given how fluid the situation is, we have extended this offer until December 31, 2020 to make a selection.
- After that, they will automatically receive a Future Cruise Credit*
Carnival continues to implement increased monitoring, screening and sanitation protocols to protect the health of all guests, crew and the residents of the destinations they serve.
Their measures are designed to be flexible to adapt to changing conditions and recommended best practices.
Public health authorities believe older travelers with severe, chronic medical conditions are more susceptible to contracting coronavirus. Your clients' health and well-being remain our highest priority. Effective immediately, we are proactively implementing guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) regarding cruise ship travel.
The following individuals will temporarily not be allowed to sail:
• Guests who have been hospitalized in the last two months for, or have a history of, severe or chronic medical conditions.
• Per CDC, chronic conditions are defined as an illness persisting for a long time or constantly recurring, such as diabetes, heart, kidney or lung disease, suppressed immunity (i.e., active cancer, taking steroids) or require oxygen for any reason.
•Guests who are 70 years and older, will be required to present a doctor's "fit to sail' letter at check-in, confirming they do not meet any of the health/medical criteria.
•If your clients are unable to present this letter, they will not be allowed to cruise.
•Guests who have been to or traveled through China, Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea, Italy, Iran, Japan, Singapore in the last 20 days prior to embarkation.
•Guests who have been in contact with another person diagnosed with or tested for COVID-19.
Any of your clients who meet any of the above criteria must cancel their reservation and may select one of the following options:
•Receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit (FCC). In addition, your clients will also receive a future onboard credit - US$300 per stateroom if they were scheduled to sail on a cruise of 5 days or less; US$600 per stateroom if they were scheduled to sail on a cruise of 6 days or longer - when they rebook their future cruise.
•Receive a cash refund, to be processed to the original form of payment within 90 days.
Pre-purchased shore excursions, beverage and Wi-Fi packages, and Fun Shop purchases will be automatically refunded. If your clients select a refund, please note it will be processed in approximately 90 days. Carnival continues to implement increased monitoring, screening and sanitation protocols to protect the health of all guests, crew and the residents of the destinations they serve. Their measures are designed to be flexible to adapt to changing conditions and recommended best practices.
*The Future Cruise Credit (FCC) is based on the cancellation fees retained by Carnival for this voyage, including Fly2Fun air if applicable. FCC and Onboard Credit (OBC) are combinable with all Carnival-offered fares, are nontransferable, non-refundable, cannot be used as a deposit or applied to a chartered sailing, have no cash value, and must be redeemed on a Carnival Cruise Line sailing departing by 12/31/2022. The FCC/OBC may only be used toward one (1) booking in the same currency in which the above voyage was originally paid. FCC cannot be used for taxes, fees & port expenses, Carnival Vacation Protection, onboard charges or gratuities and any unused portion will be forfeited. New OBC offer replaces any previous OBC offer and applies to new booking if made by 12/31/20. The booking guest shall be responsible for payment of the difference between the amount of the FCC and the amount of the new booking if higher
Call your PERX travel consultant for additional information - 1-888-737-9266