12-nt European Waterways AmaViola
|Day||Ports of Call|
|10||Prague, Czech Republic|
|11||Prague, Czech Republic|
|12||Prague, Czech Republic|
|13||Prague, Czech Republic|
Know Before You Go
- Pricing includes cruise portion only. For pre and post accommodations, please contact your PERX travel planner.
- Please be discreet, do not discuss your industry discounts with other guests aboard your sailing.
- Please ensure that you have your ID available when boarding.
- We strongly suggest purchasing travel protection to cover medical expenses in the event that medical attention is required.
CRUISE FROM : Budapest to Vilshofen
Journey along the Danube and see firsthand why this storied river has inspired generations of artists, poets and musicians. Indulge your passion for timeless architecture and art in four magnificent capitals: Budapest, Bratislava, Vienna and Prague. Let the hills come alive with the sounds of music in Salzburg and the Austrian Lake District. Cruise through the enchanting Strudengau Valley and let the melodies of the Danube carry you from one gem to another on a regal journey through time.
COUNTRIES: Austria, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia
Melodies of the Danube
At A Glance
On our cruises, you will enjoy an extensive lineup of included tours. In many cases, you will have a choice of excursions, such as standard tours, bike tours, hikes and Special Interest Tours. We always include a large variety of activities so that you can choose how you want to explore. No matter your preference, your days will be full of discovery and wonder.
- 7 nights luxury accommodation in an outside stateroom (most with twin balconies)
- Computer for internet access
- Entertainment-On-Demand in all staterooms featuring free high-speed internet access, movies, a music library and English language TV stations
- Mini-fridge, desk and sitting area
- Bottled water replenished daily
AN ARRAY OF AMENITIES
- Personalized service from a highly trained Cruise Manager during both cruise and land programs
- Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Sun deck pool with swim-up bar and walking track
- Fitness room
- Main Lounge with panoramic views and bar
- Bottled water in every stateroom replenished daily
- Daily entertainment including cultural performances
- All onboard dining in a variety of venues
- Regionally inspired cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients
- The Chef's Table specialty restaurant
- Welcome Cocktail, Welcome Dinner, La ChaЊne des R“tisseurs Dinner, Captain's Cocktail and Gala Dinner
- La ChaЊne des R“tisseurs exclusive dining experience
- Unlimited fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast
- Sip & Sail Daily Cocktail Hour with complimentary wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- Tapas, sandwiches, snacks and refreshments served daily in the Main Lounge
A WORLD OF EXPLORATION
- Immersive tours in every destination
- Gentle, regular, active and late-riser tour options
- Bike tours and hikes
- Special Interest Tours
- Knowledgeable guides
- Personal headset for easy exploration
- Airport transfers with purchase of air from AmaWaterways
The AmaViola – debuted in 2016 – is a sister ship to the AmaSerena and features the most advanced design of any river cruise vessel currently in operation. Our exclusive Twin Balconies are available in most staterooms, which measure a spacious 210-235 sq. feet, with four suites measuring 350 sq. feet. Passengers will enjoy gourmet dining with free-flowing fine wines at multiple onboard dining venues; a heated sun deck swimming pool with a ‘swim-up’ bar; fitness center and spa; complimentary ship-wide Wi-Fi and in-room Internet and entertainment on demand; and a fleet of bicycles carried onboard for passengers to enjoy on their own or on guided bike tours.
Ship Length: 443 Total Staff: 50 Guest Capacity: 158
Day 1 : BUDAPEST, HUNGARY
Arrive in Budapest and transfer to your hotel.
Day 2 : BUDAPEST
Once the co-capital of the Austro-Hungarian empire (along with Vienna), Budapest is one of Europe's most regal and storied cities-and many of its most iconic sights can be seen right off the banks of the Danube. Today's tour takes you to another side of Budapest to the Jewish Quarter, where there are some real treasures. The Great Synagogue, the largest Synagogue in Europe and the second largest in the world, located in Dohany Street represents the beating heart of this quarter. Other prominent attractions include the Holocaust Memorial, a weeping willow tree with the names of Hungarian Jews killed during the Holocaust inscribed on each leaf; and the Shoes on the Danube, a memorial to the Budapest Jews who were shot by Arrow Cross militiamen between 1944 and 1945. (B)
Day 3 : BUDAPEST - EMBARKATION
Check out of your hotel to board your luxurious ship. During the evening, be treated to a special Illuminations cruise around Budapest's famed Parliament building as at night, the city virtually glitters as these landmarks are awash in lights. (B,D)
Day 4 : BUDAPEST
Home to several UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including the Buda Castle quarter in Castle Hill and Heroes' Square, Budapest offers an unmatched combination of culture, tradition and even a secret labyrinth of caves and caverns under the city. Your city tour begins with a visit to the vibrant Great Market Hall brimming with vendors selling everything from food to souvenirs. The remainder of this tour takes you to both the Buda (hilly) and the Pest (flat) sides of the river (B).
Day 5 : BRATISLAVA, SLOVAKIA
Host to the crowning ceremonies of 11 Hungarian kings and queens between 1536 and 1830, Bratislava certainly has earned the title "Coronation City of Kings" as you'll discover during your walking tour. Or join a culinary host to sample traditional Slovakian specialties, as well as learn how to prepare stuffed potato ravioli with an opportunity to taste your own creation. For a more active adventure, hike up to Bratislava Castle, offering magnificent views of the city. (B,L,D)
Day 6 : VIENNA, AUSTRIA
The "City of Waltzes" offers a treasure trove of gems and you have two ways to discover them. Join a city tour showcasing its regal splendors, including the majestic Opera House and the former Imperial Palace of the Habsburgs before concluding in Vienna's historic city center, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and then visiting St. Stephen's Cathedral. Or, for a more active exploration of the area, take a guided bike ride along the Danube. During the afternoon, you can enjoy leisure time or pedal your way to Klosterneuburg Monastery on a guided cycling tour. (B,L,D)
Day 7 : WEISSENKIRCHEN - GREIN
After reaching Weissenkirchen in the heart of the Wachau Valley, you'll be treated to several choices of excursions. Discover the best of both Durnstein and Melk with a walking tour in Durnstein before visiting the UNESCO-designated Melk Abbey. You can also opt for a walking tour of Weissenkirchen followed by a visit to the abbey. For those who would like a more culinary-focused experience, join a walking tour in Durnstein and then be treated to a wine tasting hosted by a local vintner as well as visit a local boutique where you'll enjoy a tasting of special apricot treats. Prefer more active adventures? Join a guided bike tour to Melk. Later in the day, set sail through the scenic Strudengau Valley to the medieval riverside town of Grein. Be treated to an exclusive visit to the more than 500-year-old Greinburg Castle, looming regally above the village. While here, enjoy a folklore show along with a wine reception. (B,L,D)
Day 8 : LINZ
The ship arrives in Linz where you'll have several choices of excursions. Opt for a full-day excursion to Salzburg where you'll tour the historic center, Mirabell Gardens, Residenz Square and the Old Market. En route to Salzburg, stop at Mondsee, home of the famed Basilica St. Michael and site of the wedding scene in "The Sound of Music." Alternatively, you can join a morning walking tour through the old city center of Linz and by the Mozart House; or go on a guided bike tour along the city's famed "Culture Mile" and the Danube. During the afternoon, you have three more options of excursions. Choose a half-day excursion to Salzburg or take a scenic drive through the beautiful Austrian Lake District with a stop in St. Wolfgang. You can also choose to visit the charming mountain town, Cesky Krumlov, located just over the Czech-Austrian border. (B,L,D)
Day 9 : PASSAU, GERMANY - VILSHOFEN
Discover the 2,000-year-old city of Passau in one of three ways. Enjoy a walking tour and marvel at Gothic and Italian Baroque architecture and St. Stephen's Cathedral. Guests looking for a