7-nt European Waterways AmaStella
|Day||Ports of Call|
Know Before You Go
- Pricing includes cruise portion only. For pre and post accommodations, please contact your PERX travel planner.
- Please be discreet, do not discuss your industry discounts with other guests aboard your sailing.
- Please ensure that you have your ID available when boarding.
- We strongly suggest purchasing travel protection to cover medical expenses in the event that medical attention is required.
CRUISE FROM : Amsterdam to Basel
Experience the deep-rooted holiday traditions of Europe at its most festive time of year. From the iconic canals of Amsterdam to Switzerland's glittery cities, Lucerne and Zurich, get caught up in the magic of the holidays with visits to some of the world's most timeless Christmas Markets. Warm up with a mug of steamy gluhwein while at the Cologne Christmas Market located in front of its UNESCO-designated Gothic cathedral. Let the "Capital of No‰l," Strasbourg, the oldest and largest Christmas Market in France, captivate you the way it has for so many others for centuries. Meander through Heidelberg's majestic Christmas Market nestled idyllically amongst the historic squares of the Old Town. And while in Gengenbach, marvel at the world's largest Advent calendar, where every evening at 6:00 PM, the brightly lit windows of the neo-classical town hall open and behind each one is a picture by a famous artist, such as Andy Warhol. Cherish all the glory of the season in grand European style as you cruise along the Rhine.
COUNTRIES: France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland
Christmas Markets on the Rhine
At A Glance
On our cruises, you will enjoy an extensive lineup of included tours. In many cases, you will have a choice of excursions, such as standard tours, bike tours, hikes and Special Interest Tours. We always include a large variety of activities so that you can choose how you want to explore. No matter your preference, your days will be full of discovery and wonder.
- 7 nights luxury accommodation in an outside stateroom (most with twin balconies)
- Computer for internet access
- Entertainment-On-Demand in all staterooms featuring free high-speed internet access, movies, a music library and English language TV stations
- Mini-fridge, desk and sitting area
- Bottled water replenished daily
AN ARRAY OF AMENITIES
- Personalized service from a highly trained Cruise Manager during both cruise and land programs
- Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Sun deck pool with swim-up bar and walking track
- Fitness room, massage services and hair salon
- Main Lounge with panoramic views and bar
- Daily entertainment including cultural performances
- All onboard dining in a variety of venues
- Regionally inspired cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients
- The Chef's Table specialty restaurant
- Welcome Cocktail, Welcome Dinner, La ChaIne des R“tisseurs Dinner, Captain's Cocktail and Gala Dinner
- La ChaIne des R“tisseurs exclusive dining experience
- Unlimited fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast
- Sip & Sail Daily Cocktail Hour with complimentary wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- Tapas, sandwiches, snacks and refreshments served daily in the Main Lounge
A WORLD OF EXPLORATION
- Immersive tours in every destination
- Gentle, regular, active and late-riser tour options
- Bike tours and hikes
- Special Interest Tours
- Knowledgeable guides
- Personal headset for easy exploration
- Airport transfers with purchase of air from AmaWaterways
The AmaStella is a sister ship to the AmaSerena and features the most advanced design of any river cruise vessel currently in operation. Our exclusive Twin Balconies are available in most staterooms, which measure a spacious 210-235 sq. feet, with four suites measuring 350 sq. feet. Passengers will enjoy gourmet dining with free-flowing fine wines at multiple onboard dining venues; a heated sun deck swimming pool with a ‘swim-up’ bar; fitness center and spa; complimentary ship-wide Wi-Fi and in-room Internet and entertainment on demand; and a fleet of bicycles carried onboard for passengers to enjoy on their own or on guided bike tours.
This 158-passenger vessel boasts spacious staterooms with our exclusive Twin Balconies, a choice of dining venues, a heated pool with swim-up bar, in-room Internet access and more.
Ship Length: 443 Total Staff: 50 Guest Capacity: 158
Day 1 : ARRIVE IN AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS - EMBARKATION
Arrive in Amsterdam and board your luxurious river cruise ship. (D)
Day 2 : AMSTERDAM
The famous canals of Amsterdam await discovery on your scenic canal cruise. Tall narrow homes along the water, the beautiful wooden Skinny Bridge and the Anne Frank House are a few of the highlights you will see. Later in the day, set sail out of Amsterdam (B,L,D)
Day 3 : COLOGNE, GERMANY
Enjoy cruising to Cologne, home to one of Germany's most revered Gothic masterpieces, the Cologne Cathedral. Join a guided tour through the enchanting Old Town. Explore the UNESCO-designated cathedral and then visit one of Europe's largest and most renowned Christmas Markets located in front of the cathedral. Alternatively, ride a bike along the Rhine and through the historic Stadtgarten; or visit a local tavern to taste Cologne's traditional K”lsch beer and Reibekuchen-potato pancakes served with apple sauce. (B,L,D)
Day 4 : RHINE GORGE - RљDESHEIM
Cruise through the castle-laden Rhine River Gorge before reaching the winemaking town of Rudesheim. Once in Rudesheim, you will have three choices of morning excursions. Wine connoisseurs will want to go to a wine cellar for a wine tasting. Those who wish to soar high above the vineyards can take a gondola ride to the Niederwalddenkmal Statue. Or, for a more active adventure, join a guided bike tour through the town and along the Rhine River. Later in the day, you have two more options. Visit Siegfried's Mechanical Music Museum, home to a remarkable collection of self-playing musical instruments; or taste one of the town's special delights, Rudesheimer coffee. You'll also have plenty of time to enjoy Christmas traditions from all over the world at Rudesheim Christmas Market. (B,L,D)
Day 5 : LUDWIGSHAFEN
You have the choice to explore two of Germany's historically rich cities, along with their festive Christmas Markets. Visit Heidelberg, a city that will capture your heart with its mighty castle and historic university. While here, wander along one of Europe's longest pedestrian shopping streets, the Hauptstrasse, soaking up the Yuletide celebrations at the town's Christmas Markets. Alternatively, you can explore one of Germany's oldest cities, Speyer, known for the largest Romanesque cathedral in Europe-a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You'll also have time to visit its Christmas Market in front of the "Old Mint" (Alten Munze) in the famous Maximilianstrasse, with a view of the romantic imperial cathedral (Kaiserdom). (B,L,D)
Day 6 : STRASBOURG, FRANCE
Strasbourg is even more alluring during the season of Advent. The Christkindelsm„rik dates back to 1570, making it the oldest Christmas Market in France. Enjoy a panoramic bus tour that takes you past the Parc de l'Orangerie, the European Parliament and the Place de la Republique. Afterwards, walk through the historic town center on the Grande Ile, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and through the lovely "La Petite France" district, where you will see the Cath‚drale de N“tre Dame with its famous astronomical clock and then visit the town's famous Christmas Market. You can also choose to explore Strasbourg's different districts by bicycle. During the afternoon, visit Gengenbach Christmas Market where every year the locals countdown to Christmas with a 24-day, larger-than-life Advent calendar. (B,L,D)
Day 7 : BREISACH, GERMANY
Visit the enchanting Alsatian town of Riquewihr beautifully dressed in her holiday finery with twinkling decorations and a lively Christmas Market. On your walking tour, admire historical architecture, as well as famous sights, such as the Dolder Gate. Alternatively, you may wish to visit Freiburg, founded in 1120, and home to Freiburg's Munster, a Gothic cathedral constructed of red sandstone, as well as its enchanting Christmas Market. Those wishing a more active excursion will want to cycle through the scenic countryside; or go on an excursion to the Black Forest, a magical land full of cultural traditions, as well as home to elaborate cuckoo clocks, striking half-timber houses, ruined castles and quaint towns. (B,L,D)
Day 8 : BASEL - DISEMBARKATION
Disembark your cruise in Basel. (B)