10-nt European Waterways AmaSonata
|Day||Ports of Call|
|1||Prague, Czech Republic|
|2||Prague, Czech Republic|
|3||Prague, Czech Republic|
Know Before You Go
- Pricing includes cruise portion only. For pre and post accommodations, please contact your PERX travel planner.
- Please be discreet, do not discuss your industry discounts with other guests aboard your sailing.
- Please ensure that you have your ID available when boarding.
- We strongly suggest purchasing travel protection to cover medical expenses in the event that medical attention is required.
CRUISE FROM : Vilshofen to Budapest
Those longing for the romance of Old World Europe will get to travel into the very heart of the continent, where empires were built, kings and queens were crowned and some of the world's greatest music was composed and performed by the likes of Mozart and Beethoven. Grand European cities like Vienna, Bratislava and Budapest forever remain timeless. Admire the beauty of Austria's Lake District and the Czech Republic's charming mountain town, Cesky Krumlov. From grand abbeys and fortresses perched high above the Danube to plentiful iconic UNESCO World Heritage Sites, be romanced by the Danube with all her regal and romantic splendor.
COUNTRIES: Austria, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia
At A Glance
On our cruises, you will enjoy an extensive lineup of included tours. In many cases, you will have a choice of excursions, such as standard tours, bike tours, hikes and Special Interest Tours. We always include a large variety of activities so that you can choose how you want to explore. No matter your preference, your days will be full of discovery and wonder.
- 7 nights luxury accommodation in an outside stateroom (most with twin balconies)
- Computer for internet access
- Entertainment-On-Demand in all staterooms featuring free high-speed internet access, movies, a music library and English language TV stations
- Mini-fridge, desk and sitting area
- Bottled water replenished daily
AN ARRAY OF AMENITIES
- Personalized service from a highly trained Cruise Manager during both cruise and land programs
- Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Sun deck pool with swim-up bar and walking track
- Fitness room, massage services and hair salon
- Main Lounge with panoramic views and bar
- Daily entertainment including cultural performances
- All onboard dining in a variety of venues
- Regionally inspired cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients
- The Chef's Table specialty restaurant
- Welcome Cocktail, Welcome Dinner, La ChaЊne des R“tisseurs Dinner, Captain's Cocktail and Gala Dinner
- La ChaЊne des R“tisseurs exclusive dining experience
- Unlimited fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast
- Sip & Sail Daily Cocktail Hour with complimentary wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- Tapas, sandwiches, snacks and refreshments served daily in the Main Lounge
A WORLD OF EXPLORATION
- Immersive tours in every destination
- Gentle, regular, active and late-riser tour options
- Bike tours and hikes
- Special Interest Tours
- Knowledgeable guides
- Personal headset for easy exploration
- Airport transfers with purchase of air from AmaWaterways
The AmaSonata ~ debuted in 2014 ~ is a sister ship to the AmaCerto and features the most advanced design of any river cruise vessel currently in operation. Our exclusive Twin Balconies are available in most staterooms, which measure a spacious 210-235 sq. feet, with four suites measuring 350 sq. feet. Passengers will enjoy gourmet dining with free-flowing fine wines at multiple onboard dining venues; a heated sun deck swimming pool with a ‘swim-up’ bar; fitness center and spa; complimentary ship-wide Wi-Fi and in-room Internet and Infotainment; and a fleet of bicycles carried onboard for passengers to enjoy on their own or on guided bike tours.
Ship Length: 443 Total Staff: 49 Guest Capacity: 164
Day 1 : ARRIVE IN PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC
Arrive in Prague and check-in to your hotel.
Day 2 : PRAGUE
Experience the wonders of Prague and its historic city center that is a recognized UNESCO World Heritage Site on your city tour or you can hike to the grand castle. See Rudolfinum, the National Museum, Wenceslas Square and the Hundertwasser Dancing House. Visit the 1,000-year-old Prague Castle and St. Vitus before walking over the romantic Charles Bridge to the Old Market Square, where you will find the capital's famous Astronomical Clock. (B)
Day 3 : PRAGUE
Beer has a long and illustrious history in the Czech Republic with the first brewery known to have existed in 993. Pilsner Urquell was created in 1842, being the first pilsner ever made, whilst Budweiser came into being in the city of Budweis. Beer is a core part of the country's national identity, so much so the Czechs are the biggest consumers of beer in the world. The country is home to more than 100 breweries with a combination of big names and micro establishments offering a huge range of styles, so join a Czech beer tasting and discover for yourself what makes the Czech's beer some of the very best in the world. (B)
Day 4 : PRAGUE - REGENSBURG, GERMANY - EMBARKATION - VILSHOFEN
Depart from Prague via motorcoach and enjoy a stop in Regensburg, one of Germany's best preserved medieval cities and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, which you'll discover on a guided walking tour showcasing the city's architectural highlights, including the Old Town Hall and the Porta Praetoria. After touring Regensburg, continue your journey on to Vilshofen, where you will board your luxury cruise ship. Cap the day off with an exclusive festive Oktoberfest celebration. (B,D)
Day 5 : VILSHOFEN - PASSAU
Explore Vilshofen's beautiful old town before cruising to Passau, known as the "City of Three Rivers." Join a walking tour or if you prefer to be more active, hike high into the hills for a visit to the "Veste Oberhaus," Passau's Castle Hill. (B,L,D)
Day 6 : LINZ, AUSTRIA
The ship arrives in Linz where you'll have several choices of excursions. Opt for a full-day excursion to Salzburg where you'll tour the historic center, Mirabell Gardens, Residenz Square and the Old Market. En route to Salzburg, stop at Mondsee, home of the famed Basilica St. Michael and site of the wedding scene in "The Sound of Music." Alternatively, you can join a morning walking tour through Linz's old city center and by the Mozart House; or go on a guided bike tour along the city's famed "Culture Mile" and the Danube. During the afternoon, you have three more choices of excursions. Choose a half-day in Salzburg or take a scenic drive through the beautiful Austrian Lake District with a stop in St. Wolfgang. You can also choose to visit the charming mountain town, Cesky Krumlov, located just over the Czech-Austrian border. (B,L,D)
Day 7 : WEISSENKIRCHEN
Cruise to Weissenkirchen, gateway to Durnstein located in the heart of the Wachau Valley. Once here, you can choose to join a walking tour in Durnstein along its cobblestone streets to the Baroque Stiftskirche, Durnstein's famed church tower, and then visit Melk's magnificent Benedictine Abbey. For the more active adventurer, you can opt to hike up to the fortress where Richard the Lionheart was once held, or take a bike ride along the Danube. As an alternative excursion, visit a local apricot grower, where you'll enjoy the region's finest apricot treats. Later in the evening, enjoy a special wine tasting of locally grown, world-renowned Riesling and Gruner Veltliner in Weissenkirchen. (B,L,D)
Day 8 : VIENNA
The "City of Waltzes" offers a treasure trove of gems and you have three ways to discover them. Join a city tour showcasing its regal splendors, including the majestic Opera House, St. Stephen's Cathedral and the former Imperial Palace of the Habsburgs before concluding in Vienna's historic city center, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. For a more active exploration of the area, take a guided bike ride along the Danube. During the afternoon, you can enjoy leisure time or pedal your way to Klosterneuburg Monastery on a guided cycling tour. (B,L,D)
Day 9 : BRATISLAVA, SLOVAKIA
Host to the crowning ceremonies of 11 Hungarian kings and queens between 1536 and 1830, Bratislava certainly has earned the title "Coronation City of Kings" as you'll discover during your walking tour. Or join a culinary host to sample traditiona