7-nt European Waterways AmaCerto
|Day||Ports of Call|
Know Before You Go
- Pricing includes cruise portion only. For pre and post accommodations, please contact your PERX travel planner.
- Please be discreet, do not discuss your industry discounts with other guests aboard your sailing.
- Please ensure that you have your ID available when boarding.
- We strongly suggest purchasing travel protection to cover medical expenses in the event that medical attention is required.
CRUISE FROM : Nuremberg to Budapest
Delve into Europe's history starting in fairytale Prague and concluding in Budapest. In between, cruise through the man-made marvel, the Main-Danube Canal, across the Continental Divide and through the UNESCO-designated Wachau Valley. Explore perfectly preserved medieval cities, such as Nuremberg and Regensburg, and visit Vienna where imperial dynasties built a harmonious blend of architectural wonders. Throughout your journey, get a feel for the land by biking and hiking, and sampling delicate wines and hearty beers.
COUNTRIES: Austria, Germany, Hungary
At A Glance
On our cruises, you will enjoy an extensive lineup of included tours. In many cases, you will have a choice of excursions, such as standard tours, bike tours, hikes and Special Interest Tours. We always include a large variety of activities so that you can choose how you want to explore. No matter your preference, your days will be full of discovery and wonder.
- 7 nights luxury accommodation in an outside stateroom (most with twin balconies)
- Computer for internet access
- Entertainment-On-Demand in all staterooms featuring free high-speed internet access, movies, a music library and English language TV stations
- Mini-fridge, desk and sitting area
- Bottled water replenished daily
AN ARRAY OF AMENITIES
- Personalized service from a highly trained Cruise Manager during both cruise and land programs
- Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Sun deck pool with swim-up bar and walking track
- Fitness room, massage services and hair salon
- Main Lounge with panoramic views and bar
- Daily entertainment including cultural performances
- All onboard dining in a variety of venues
- Regionally inspired cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients
- The Chef's Table specialty restaurant
- Welcome Cocktail, Welcome Dinner, La ChaIne des R“tisseurs Dinner, Captain's Cocktail and Gala Dinner
- La ChaIne des R“tisseurs exclusive dining experience
- Unlimited fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast
- Sip & Sail Daily Cocktail Hour with complimentary wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- Tapas, sandwiches, snacks and refreshments served daily in the Main Lounge
A WORLD OF EXPLORATION
- Immersive tours in every destination
- Gentle, regular, active and late-riser tour options
- Bike tours and hikes
- Special Interest Tours
- Knowledgeable guides
- Personal headset for easy exploration
- Airport transfers with purchase of air from AmaWaterways
This 164-passenger vessel incorporates the most advanced design offering spacious staterooms featuring our exclusive twin balconies, multiple dining venues, heated pool, Internet/WiFi access and more.
Inspired by classic ocean yachts, the AmaCerto -- which debuted in 2012 -- provides the most distinctive river cruise experience. A magnificent glass elevator is one of the unique design elements found onboard, as well as our exclusive “Twin Balconies”. The beautifully-decorated and spacious accommodations range in size up to 350 sq. ft. Relax in a heated Sun Deck swimming pool with a “swim-up” bar; enjoy Chaîne des Rôtisseurs culinary creations in five dining venues. The ship also features a Fitness Center, Massage, Hair and Beauty salon; complimentary Internet access and first-run Hollywood movies; plus a fleet of bicycles to enhance your river cruise experience.
Ship Length: 443 Total Staff: 49 Guest Capacity: 164
Day 1 : EMBARKATION - NUREMBERG, GERMANY
Embark your ship in Nuremberg. Tonight, meet your fellow passengers at the Welcome Dinner. The ship will moor overnight in Nuremberg. (D)
Day 2 : NUREMBERG
You have three choices of excursions while in Nuremberg. Enjoy a guided tour through Nuremberg's beautiful medieval city, showcasing the Imperial Castle, famous town wall and the legendary fountain of the Market Square. Or turn back the pages of a darker history with a guided tour of the city's most important WWII sites, including the enormous Documentation Center Nazi Party Rally Grounds. You'll also visit the Nuremberg Trials Memoriam, and Courtroom 600 if the courtroom is not in session. En route to Regensburg, you'll cruise through the manmade marvel, the Main-Danube Canal. Alternatively, savor traditional Franconian specialties by sampling famously delicious Nuremburger Bratwurst, Rot bier (red beer) and Lebkuchen (gingerbread). (B,L,D)
Day 3 : REGENSBURG
Explore one of Germany's best preserved medieval cities Regensburg on a guided walking tour showcasing the city's architectural highlights, including the Old Town Hall and the Porta Praetoria. Alternatively, sample some Bavarian specialties-beer, sausage and pretzels, and for those who wish to be more active, join a bike tour to Walhalla where you will see the Neoclassical white marble temple inspired by the Parthenon in Athens. (B,L,D)
Day 4 : PASSAU - LINZ, AUSTRIA
Enjoy a walking tour along Passau's cobblestone streets admiring the Gothic and Italian Baroque architecture and St. Stephen's Cathedral. For guests looking for a more active morning, you can choose between a guided bike tour along the Danube River, or a guided hike up to the Veste Oberhaus Fortress for panoramic views overlooking three rivers. Later in the day, set sail for Linz. (B,L,D)
Day 5 : MELK - VIENNA
Cruise to Melk, known for its magnificent Benedictine Abbey, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of Europe's largest and most revered monasteries. Alternatively, you can join a guided bike tour that takes you through the UNESCO-designated Wachau Valley; or go on a walking tour along Durnstein's cobblestone streets to the Baroque Stiftskirche, famed church tower. Later in the day, set sail through the vineyard-rich Wachau Valley. (B,L,D)
Day 6 : VIENNA
The "City of Waltzes" offers a treasure trove of gems and you have two ways to discover them. Join a city tour showcasing its regal splendors, including the majestic Opera House and the former Imperial Palace of the Habsburgs before concluding in Vienna's historic city center, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and then visiting St. Stephen's Cathedral. For a more active exploration of the area, take a guided bike ride along the Danube. During the afternoon, you can enjoy leisure time or pedal your way to Klosterneuburg Monastery on a guided cycling tour. (B,L,D)
Day 7 : BUDAPEST, HUNGARY
You cannot help but fall in love with Budapest, known as the "Queen of the Danube." Your city tour begins with visit to the vibrant Great Market Hall brimming with vendors selling everything from food to souvenirs. The remainder of this tour takes you to both the Buda (hilly) and the Pest (flat) sides of the river. As an alternative choice, hike up to Castle Hill for breathtaking views of the city below. Spend your last evening on board cruising around the famed Parliament Building as the city turns on all her dazzling lights. (B,L,D)
Day 8 : BUDAPEST - DISEMBARKATION
Bid farewell to Budapest as you prepare for your flight home. (B)